Altair® Louvres in Other Window Frames
For a wide range of applications
Altair Louvres are also available in a wide range of window frames. Breezway has developed the Altair Louvre System so window fabricators can install Altair Louvres within their own aluminium or timber frames for residential and commercial applications. This provides the benefits of Altair Louvres while retaining the benefits inherent in the window fabricators own window designs.
The Altair Louvre Component System provides a way for fabricators to include Altair Louvres and Weatherstrip in their window frames.
Altair Louvres with Manual Operation
Other Framing System
Altair Louvre Gallery in Other Framing System.
Exploded view of Altair Louvre Gallery in Other Framing System.
Altair in other Frames 3D Models
Online viewing of 3D models is a relatively new technology. Viewing 3D models requires a fast internet connection and reasonably high speed computer processor. Viewing may not be possible on some older computers. We recommend Google Chrome for the best viewing results.
Altair Louvre in Commercial Frame
Altair in Other Frames Standard Heights
While Altair Louvre Windows can be manufactured in any size specified, the wind and water rating for the building project will affect the maximum allowable window height and bay width. Please refer to the Altair Product Performance Warranty for technical information.
For Altair Louvre Gallery standard heights please see the size chart on the right. Off Standard heights are available but this will add cost and result in a fixed louvre blade to act as a filler piece.
- Weatherstrip, complete with seal, must be used to gain manufacturer’s performance warranty.
- Altair Weatherstrip does not require notching to accomodate the louvre gallery.
- Weatherstrips to head and sill add 10mm to overall gallery height.
- Off Standard Height Galleries that are within 5mm of a Standard Height Gallery will not have a top fixed blade and will therefore require Standard Height Weatherstrip sets.
- Off Standard Height Galleries that are more than 5mm greater than or less than a Standard Height Gallery will have a top fixed blade and will therefore require Off Standard Height Weatherstrip sets.
|No. of Blades||Altair Louvres with Breezway Weatherstrip Standard Heights*
|152 mm Blades||102 mm Blades|
* To calculate the gallery height only, deduct 10mm.
View/download Altair Component Standard Heights
Altair® Louvre CAD Drawings
Breezway offers a collection of CAD drawings for the complete Altair Louvre product range.
Blade Cut Length
Glass & Aluminium Blades: Blade Length = Jamb to Jamb – 52mm
Standard Louvre Blade Dimensions
Extension Blade Dimensions
NOTE: Allowable tolerance = +/-0.6mm
|Manually Operated Altair Components|
|Glass & Aluminium Blades||x = Channel extension +21mm|
View/download Blade Formulas
Off Standard Height Galleries that are within 5mm of a Standard Height Gallery will not have a top fixed blade and will therefore require Standard Height Weatherstrip sets. Off Standard Height Galleries that are more than 5mm greater than or less than a Standard Height Gallery will have a top fixed blade and will therefore require Off Standard Height Weatherstrip sets.
Altair Weatherstrip does not require notching to accommodate the louvre gallery.
Weatherstrip, complete with seal, must be used in the head and sill to satisfy the Breezway Product Performance Warranty.
Weatherstrips to head and sill add 10mm to overall gallery height.
View/download Installation Instructions
Altair Louvres for Other Frames Recommended Specifications
A tight specification will help to make sure that what you specify ends up in your building thereby achieving your design objectives.
The louvre windows shall be Breezway Altair Louvre Windows
- Patented drainage channels for superior water performance.
- Patented ‘Living Hinge’ design that pulls the clips tightly against the channel when closed for superior water performance and air infiltration.
- Passed testing to 40,000 open/close cycles for long operational life.
- Altair Louvres have passed AS2047 testing at 3,000mm high.
View/download Altair Louvre Window Specifications