Altair® Louvres in Other Frames
For a wide range of applications
The Altair Louvre Component System provides a way for fabricators to include Altair Louvres and Weatherstrip in their window frames.
Altair Louvres with Manual Operation
Altair® in other Frames 3D Models
INTERACTIVE ON-LINE VIEWING
Altair in other Frames 3D Models
Online viewing of 3D models is a relatively new technology. Viewing 3D models requires a fast internet connection and reasonably high speed computer processor. Viewing may not be possible on some older computers. We recommend Google Chrome for the best viewing results.
Altair in Other Frames Standard Heights
While Altair Louvre Windows can be manufactured in any size specified, the wind and water rating for the building project will affect the maximum allowable window height and bay width. Please refer to the Altair Product Performance Warranty for technical information.
For Altair Louvre Gallery standard heights please see the size chart on the right. Off Standard heights are available but this will add cost and result in a fixed louvre blade to act as a filler piece.
- Weatherstrip, complete with seal, must be used to gain manufacturer’s performance warranty.
- Altair Weatherstrip does not require notching to accomodate the louvre gallery.
- Weatherstrips to head and sill add 10mm to overall gallery height.
- Off Standard Height Galleries that are within 5mm of a Standard Height Gallery will not have a top fixed blade and will therefore require Standard Height Weatherstrip sets.
- Off Standard Height Galleries that are more than 5mm greater than or less than a Standard Height Gallery will have a top fixed blade and will therefore require Off Standard Height Weatherstrip sets.
|No. of Blades||Altair Louvres with Breezway Weatherstrip Standard Heights*
|152 mm Blades|
* To calculate the gallery height only, deduct 10mm.
View/download Altair Component Standard Heights
Altair® Louvre CAD Drawings
Breezway offers a collection of CAD drawings for the complete Altair Louvre product range.
|Altair 152 Galleries - Includes Model, Elevation View for Standard Heights, Elevation View for Off-Standard Heights, Front View, Plan View and Specification.||DWG & PDF|
Blade Cut Length
Glass & Aluminium Blades: Blade Length = Jamb to Jamb – 52mm
Standard Louvre Blade Dimensions
Extension Blade Dimensions
NOTE: Allowable tolerance = +/-0.6mm
|Manually Operated Altair Components|
|Glass & Aluminium Blades||x = Channel extension +21mm|
View/download Blade Formulas
Off Standard Height Galleries that are within 5mm of a Standard Height Gallery will not have a top fixed blade and will therefore require Standard Height Weatherstrip sets. Off Standard Height Galleries that are more than 5mm greater than or less than a Standard Height Gallery will have a top fixed blade and will therefore require Off Standard Height Weatherstrip sets.
Altair Weatherstrip does not require notching to accommodate the louvre gallery.
Weatherstrip, complete with seal, must be used in the head and sill to satisfy the Breezway Product Performance Warranty.
Weatherstrips to head and sill add 10mm to overall gallery height.
View/download Installation Instructions
An Industry Guide to the correct Fixing of Windows & Doors
An Industry Guide to the correct Installation of Windows & Doors
Installation Instructional Videos
The Australian Window Association (AWA) has prepared an industry guide on the correct installation of Windows & Doors in different types of construction. You can view the complete range of typical methods used via the AWA YouTube channel or please view the videos below.
Altair Louvres for Other Frames Recommended Specifications
A tight specification will help to make sure that what you specify ends up in your building thereby achieving your design objectives.
The louvre windows shall be Breezway Altair Louvre Windows
- Drainage channels for superior water performance.
- ‘Living Hinge’ design that pulls the clips tightly against the channel when closed for superior water performance and air infiltration.
- Passed testing to 40,000 open/close cycles for long operational life.
- Altair Louvres have passed AS2047 testing at 3,000mm high.
View/download Altair Louvre Window Specifications