The iosTM Window System
Suitable for internal or external screen applications
The ios Window System includes an integrated insect and security screen housing that allows easy fitting of screens to the frame.
Screens can be installed from within the building and are positioned so that they will not interfere with the operation of the louvre blades.
Inside Screen with Slide Handle
ios Window System Inside Screen, Glazing to Outside of Frame.
Inside Screen with Inside Handle
ios Window System Inside Screen, Glazing to Inside of Frame.
Outside Screen with Standard Handle
ios Window System Outside Screen, Glazing to Inside of Frame.
ios Window System Dimensions
ios Standard Heights
While Altair Louvre Windows can be manufactured in any size specified, the wind and water rating for the building project will affect the maximum allowable window height and bay width. Please refer to the Altair Product Performance Warranty for technical information.
For standard heights in the Breezway ios Frame please see the size chart to the right. Off Standard heights are available but this will add cost and result in a fixed louvre blade to act as a filler piece.
- Standard Heights are measured from the lowest visible metal to the uppermost visible metal of the frame and excludes fins.
- Off Standard Heights that are more than 5mm greater than or less than a Standard Height will have a top fixed blade to achieve the specified height. Off Standard heights that are within 5mm of a Standard Height will not have a fixed top blade.
There are no standard Altair Louvre widths. The desired window width can be achieved through multiple louvre bays (maximum bay width is 4000mm). The bay width may be affected by Building code rules. Please discuss with your Breezway Dealer and builder.
|No. of Blades||Standard Height|
View/download ios Standard Height Chart
Altair® Louvre CAD Drawings
Breezway offers a collection of CAD drawings for the complete Altair Louvre product range.
NOTE: Allowable tolerance = +/-0.6mm
|Breezway ios Window System|
|Actual Height / Standard Height||Dim. A|
|Dim. B Overall Height||Dim. A + 40mm|
|Frame width||Dim. C|
|ios Frame: Glass and aluminium blade length||Dim. C - 77mm|
|Extension Blade Formulas ios Frame|
|Glass & Aluminium Blades||x = Channel extension +20mm|
Note: Flatness tolerance of +/- 0.35mm per metre.
View/download ios Blade Formulas
An Industry Guide to the correct Fixing of Windows & Doors
An Industry Guide to the correct Installation of Windows & Doors
Installation Instructional Videos
The Australian Window Association (AWA) has prepared an industry guide on the correct installation of Windows & Doors in different types of construction. You can view the complete range of typical methods used via the AWA YouTube channel or please view the videos below.
Altair Louvre Window Recommended Specifications
A tight specification will help to make sure that what you specify ends up in your building thereby achieving your design objectives.
The louvre windows shall be Breezway Altair Louvre Windows
- Drainage channels for superior water performance.
- ‘Living Hinge’ design that pulls the clips tightly against the channel when closed for superior water performance and air infiltration.
- Passed testing to 40,000 open/close cycles for long operational life.
- Altair Louvres have passed AS2047 testing at 3,000mm high.
View/download Altair Louvre Window Specifications